Personal Sanitation and Physical Distancing
- Staff will have their temperatures checked prior to the start of the workday and will be screened for any health issues daily.
- Staff members are required to wear a mask at all times unless it creates a safety or health hazard.
- Staff are required to wash/sanitize their hands before and after every class.
- Staff will do their best to maintain a 6-foot distance from your athletes while they are practicing, but if the athlete is in physical danger or needs to be spotted for their safety, they will step in.
- We will be taking temperatures at the door prior to class.
- Masks are optional for all students. We would recommend that they wear one while entering the facility as they will come into closer contact with our check in staff. We do not recommend that athletes wear masks while in class, but they have the option to do so if you would like.
- We will require that all athletes wash their hands/sanitize before entering the facility
- Athletes will remain 6 feet apart at all times during their class and visual markers will be used.
- Each student will be required to bring a backpack to keep their belongings, water bottle, sanitzer and snack. The backpack will remain with them during the entire practice.
- Each athlete will have their own set of equipment if available but any equipment that is shared will be wiped down prior to each use.
- Athletes will not be allowed to use gym chalk at this time. We are encouraging those athletes to keep chalk in their back packs. Chalk blocks will be for sale if needed.
- Parents are encouraged to drop off if possible as this will limit the number of people in the facility. We will not have seating available due to the space required for social distancing. There will be marked spots to stand if it is necessary to stay. An exception to this is our 3 and underage groups. If you believe your child may have issues focusing and maintaining social distancing, we ask that the parent stays to help enforce the policies and procedures.
- Parents are required to wear masks inside the facility if they choose to stay.
- We are working on setting up a live stream of the class your student is enrolled in through the iclass portal but it is not available until June 1 and we will need to test it.
- All classes will have a max of 6 unless we can utilize space that will allow us to increase this number.
- When classes end there will be a 15 minute delay so that the coaches can clean before the next group enters.
- Athletes will be spaced out to allow a 6-foot distance between them during practice and we will minimize sharing of equipment whenever possible.
- Spotting will be minimized and only used to ensure the safety of the athlete. If an athlete is not comfortable doing something on their own, they will be asked to work on drills and other skills to help build their confidence and strength.
- There will be only one entrance into each facility and a designated exit to limit exposure to other students in the next hour classes.
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All restrooms will be cleaned on the hour however we are going to encourage all students to use the restroom prior to start of class.
- Water fountains and cubbies will not be in use during this time
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU RETURN TO CLASS
The New Process
- Please use the bathroom at home to help avoid extra time in the restroom at the facility.
- All athletes are required to have their workout clothes on prior to arrival to avoid changing in the bathrooms.
- Please make sure your athlete brings a bag with the following inside: a. Water Bottle (our water fountain and water dispenser will be closed off and not usable), hand sanitizer, snack, chalk(only if required in their class) and mask(if desired)
- Please plan to arrive at the facility 10 minutes before class starts.
- Athlete will be dropped off by parent at the door marked enter. The athlete will be checked in by a staff member where they will ask them to sanitize their hands, take their temperature, give them a number, and mark them there for class. Please do not leave until you know your child’s number as you will be required to know that upon pick up.
- We are asking them to use the restroom before coming, but if they need to go, this is the only chance for the athlete to use the restroom. a. Staff member to clean the restroom immediately after use.
- After they have been checked in and used the restroom if necessary, they will line up with their assigned coach who will be holding a sign with their class on it. The coach will direct them to their number on the floor and they will look for this number at each rotation.
- With coach’s direction, they will go to their designated spot on the floor to place their belongings and for warm up.
- They will then follow the lesson plan for that day, maintaining social distancing and minimizing shared equipment.
- After class is done, the athlete will sanitize their hands and then will exit the gym using the door that displaying the exit sign where their parents will be waiting outside to pick them up. A staff member will confirm who they are there to pick up and allow athletes to exit to the cars.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT CAMP
The New Process
- Our camp program will follow the same protocol in regard to distancing and sanitizing. Space of enrollment will be limited. The following are changes to our camp program until further notice.
- Campers will be required to bring their own lunch
- We cannot allow walk ins at this time
- All camp enrollment must be prepaid and we cannot refund or makeup due to limit of numbers allowed
- Campers will be required to bring a backpack but will be allowed to use cubbies since they are in the facility for the day. Cubbies will be cleaned each evening prior to the return of the campers.
I hope you find this helpful as we prepare to return. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. As we start this process, I am sure there will be changes and improvements made over time. Any recommendations are welcome. We want you to feel that your child is as safe as possible as they start to resume normal activities.